Ahh! The joy of being forgiven!


Monday:
Psalm 32:7.  “For you are my hiding place and, You protect me from trouble.  You surround me with songs of victory.”

In Psalm 32, David admits his past struggle with repentance, but O! The joy and elation that is his when he finally confesses his sins and stops trying to hide them.

Have you ever tried to hide your sin?  It brings nothing but despair and misery.  The fact is, we cannot hide our sins from God.  The good news is when we confess our sins; He is faithful and just to forgive them and to cleanse us from all iniquity. (Or wrong)  (1 John 1:9)
When he forgives, we are justified, just as if we had never sinned. 

God promises to remove our sins as far as the east is from the west. When we arrive at the crucial crossroad where we must make the choice of confessing or continuing in our sin, we know confession brings us songs of victory, peace and complete forgiveness.  That is where we find David in Psalm 32. after confession and forgiveness, we can have the same assurance David had; we can also be protected by a personal hiding place, in Jesus Christ and be filled with victorious songs.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, thank you for being willing to forgive all my sins, even the ones I don’t talk about.  I know you are aware of every sin in my life that I have not dealt with and if there are any sins that are keeping me from abiding in your perfect will, help me to remember them and bring them to your alter of forgiveness so I may have songs of victory.  Help me, also to be forgiving as you are forgiving.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment