In quietness and confidence..........


Tuesday June 12 2012:

Isaiah 30:15.  “...........in quietness and confidence is your strength...........”

When I first renewed my relationship with the Lord, after many years of wandering on my own, I decided it was my job to convince my husband to give his heart to Jesus.  I chose my words carefully to “hit him” where it “hurt”.

I soon realized, the more I talked, the less he listened and in fact, grew to resent my ‘well chosen’ words.  One day in a Christian bookstore, I happened to see this verse on a wall plaque and the Lord opened my eyes to what I had been doing. 

I realized, I had  been taking the total responsibility of saving someone else’s soul rather than leaving it to the Lord.  I decided to stop ‘preaching’ and asked God to help me live a more Christ like testimonial life that would enable me to “walk the talk” rather than, “talk the walk”.  It took some time but soon I began to see a new respect for my faith and beliefs. 

Quiet confidence is an invaluable and necessary quality, if we want others to desire a relationship with Christ.

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord, thank you for the deep peace that enables me to be silent instead of prattling unnecessarily and yet harboring the confidence of your presence.  Let your love and kindness be seen in me and help me to portray the peace that passes all understanding in knowing you.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment