Beauty for ashes...........


Friday June 8 2012:

Isaiah 61:3. “........He will give beauty for ashes, joy instead of mourning, praise instead of despair............”

This promise was given to the Children of Israel who mourned and were often in despair, and this promise is also for us today.
I have seen the transformation of despairing, mourning people who have finally turned to the Lord and allowed him to heal.  I have witnessed lines on worried faces disappear and stooped statures become erect with the acceptance of the love of Jesus. 
I have observed the healing power of the stripes suffered by Christ in the life of a young woman who was burdened with weak and crippled legs.  She came for prayer and received love and support and prayers and she was able to accept the healing balm of the Saviour.  We were in awe at the work done in this hurting soul by the power of prayer and love. She went on to become a physically healthy mother and wife again.

His promises are as valid today as they were thousands of years ago because He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  We are included in the promises he gave to the Israelites. All we have to do is ask and then accept the love, the beauty and the joy, and start praising him instead of despairing and looking only at ourselves.  He is the healer! 

Hide this verse in your heart and claim his promises today as a child of the King!

Prayer for today: Father God, thank you for loving me and offering healing power for my mourning and despair. I realize sometimes I complain more than the Children of Israel did long ago and yet you still loved them and kept your promises. I also know your promises are just as valid today as they were then. Lord you are beautiful and you can even make sinners beautiful.  Thank you for performing a miracle in my life by helping me trust in you and accepting your forgiving power and love. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment