Even if you think "not" the Lord is right beside you.


Friday June 29 2012:

Psalm 16:8.  “I know the Lord is always with me.  I will not be shaken for he is right beside me.”

Maybe you are having a less than perfect day today, maybe you are having a downright “bad” day!  Some days it is difficult to wake up praising the Lord. It is true, some situations bring us down and cause despair.  I want to remind you of the promises in God’s Word.  When days are dreary or even tragic, we can identify with King David as he,  so often, experienced tragedy in his life.  His saving grace was the knowledge that God was with him!  Even though David committed many sins that, to us, seem unforgivable, like murder and adultery, he knew God continued to love him and was beside him.

There are many reasons for us to be distressed and we often look inward  which leads us to be the prime victim of a “pity party”. This will never lead to a favorable solution or a way out of the deep.
There are many Psalms that depict King David as a man of despair, when we see the “me” word used we can be sure the writings are sorrowful and desperate. However, when he turns his eyes upon the Lord in praise and thanksgiving;  that is where we see the victory! 

These are the Psalms that give us hope in the midst of our sorrows and stresses.  We know the Lord has promised never to leave us or forsake us even in the midst of our troubles and sin, He is there! Just as he honored David and brought release and joy to him many years ago he wants to do for us today!

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord Jesus, I am so thankful that you want to bless me today.  Help me to turn my eyes upward and look at you for my answers.  I often tend to pity myself, forgetting my numerous blessings, please forgive my selfishness. You have promised a victorious life in you and I claim your promise today.  Help me be all that I can be, to be where you can use me for your honour and glory.  I know this is difficult when I keep my mind on my problems so help me to truly know you are beside me, always.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment