Know God's Word!


Thursday June 28 2012:


John 8:32.  “And you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.”

If we truly want to experience the victory that comes from a guilt free spirit and the knowledge of total forgiveness of all our sin and the assurance of salvation and eternal life, and if we desire to live a Christ-filled life that will speak to those around us, and if our desire is to live victoriously while on earth, what do we need to know?  The truth! Because it is the truth that sets us free, victoriously!

The question is then, how do we find the truth?  Jesus says it is from obeying his teachings! How do we know what the teachings of Jesus are?  From his inspired word that he gave us exactly for this purpose! 

When we read His Word with prayer and a desire to know the truth, our eyes are opened to what we need to see.
I have talked to unbelievers who have spent time reading the Bible and find it interesting, “like a novel” they say.  It is difficult for me to accept this because for a believer, it is the very essence of life and everything I need to know about living a Christian life is contained in this Holy book.
If you are wondering about living a full life for Christ, get yourself a Bible that you can understand and a concordance that will give you instruction on how to study and you will be on your way to living a victorious life for our Lord!

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord Jesus, Thank you for giving me your inspired Word so I can know the truth.  Help me to spend more time in your Word so that I may be able to speak with authority about you and your teachings.  Give me a new understanding when I spend time in the Word, and open my eyes to see what you want me to see and do what you want me to do.  I love you Lord and desire to follow you every day of my life and I desire to have your peace dwell in me forever.  In Jesus name , amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment