God provides


Wednesday June 20 2012:

Lamentations 3:23 “Great is his faithfulness, his mercies begin fresh each day.”

The Lord provides enough grace and mercy for each day.  We never have to be afraid there won’t be enough.  We never have to reach back to yesterday for today or save some of today’s mercy for tomorrow, because He gives enough for each day!  Why do we worry then?  If we trust God as we say we do, we should not worry.  Worry is a selfish emotion and happens when we turn our eyes inward, towards our selves.  When we worry, we are calling God a liar because he tells us, not to worry.  His mercies are new every morning, and it is our job to rest in the promise that he will provide whatever we need. His faithfulness is great and his mercies begin fresh every day!

Prayer for today:  Precious Lord, I know you are a merciful God and provide all I need, every day.  Forgive my selfishness and anxiety.  Help me to keep my eyes on you and trust you for each day’s provision of whatever I need.  Help me to familiarize myself with your promises and learn to live by them.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment