Receiving the victory in the midst...........


Monday June 25 2012:

1 John 5:4.  “For every child of God defeats this evil world by trusting Christ to give the victory.”

Where does victory over defeat come from?  When you are experiencing loneliness, hurt, rejection,. where or who do you turn to?   We often go to a close friend or a Pastor or counselor because we think they have the answer, and that is often true, but not always.
 
Our troubles are many in this world, sometimes it seems overwhelming.  John says we will be victorious in this evil world by trusting in Christ.  Doesn’t it make sense to go to Him first? Because in him is found the answer! 

I encourage you to go to Jesus first, the next time you are burdened with the inevitable cares of this world,   heartache, loneliness or perhaps sickness.  He will give you rest and he gives the victory if we are willing to give him our burdens and troubles and concerns.  I know this is true.  It took me years to truly give my worries to Jesus.  When I finally realized he could not take them from me if I was not willing to give them, I found true victory in living each day and overcoming the worries that we experience in this world.

Prayer for today: Dear Lord, You are great and greatly to be praised and today , I especially want to thank you for the promise of receiving the victory even though my life seems to be riddled with problems and worries.  Help me to realize the benefits of being able to lay my burdens at your feet.  You say we can defeat this world and receive the victory and I claim your promise today. Increase my faith so I may learn to trust you implicitly  and truly give you my worries.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment