God never ignores us!


Monday June 18 2012:

Psalm 66:20.  “Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer and did not withdraw his unfailing love from me.”
God never withdraws his love from us!
 
When I think he does not love me and I feel he is far away, it is never God who has moved, it is always me!

 Each time I sin, and sin comes in many forms, I place a wedge between God and myself.  The separation begins subtly, hardly even noticeable but a repeat offence drives the wedge deeper creating a wider gap.  As I continue to sin, it is I who drive the wedge still further and soon I start to wonder why God seems far away!  It is only, when I realize my neglect and  abuse of my relationship with him that I go to him in repentance.
 He always waits for our communication with him and he always hears us and forgives  so we can, again, experience and enjoy the closeness and comfort of his unfailing love.

Prayer for today:  Father, today I want to thank you for being patient with me and always forgiving me when I ask you to.  You are an awesome God and I know I don’t deserve your unconditional love.  I praise you almighty God for you are great and greatly to be praised.  I ask you, today also, to help me to become what you want me to be, to strive to be without sin, even though I know I can’t attain this while I am here on earth.  Help me to be more Christ like. Only in God is my soul at rest in Him is my salvation. In Jesus name. amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment