Love for our children........


Tuesday June 19 2012:

Psalm 106:1  “Give thanks to the Lord for he is good!  His faithful love endures forever.”

God’s love is too vast for us to comprehend but as a parent, I can sometimes experience an inkling of how great his love must be.
When our three sons were growing up, it seemed one was always in trouble.  I’m sure they intentionally took turns, it was as if they had secret meetings each night to decide who would be the ‘culprit’ the next day to test Mom and Dad. 
As they grew older, their ‘shenanigans’ escalated into more serious offences until, in one instance, we were forced to tell two of them they could no longer live in our home. They were being blatantly disobedient and refused to follow the rules of our home and we were out of options. 

I remember being extremely frustrated and angry in my disappointment with them but in spite of this, I never stopped loving them.  Regardless of how deep our love was for them, we could not allow or accept the choices they insisted on making for their youthful lives.  Although my heart broke when they moved out, I knew in my mind, we were doing the right thing.

Even though we took this drastic step, our love for them endured and one day they made the decision to change their ways and share in the faith of knowing Jesus Christ, which enabled our family ties to grow .

I am so thankful for this experience because it gives me a glimpse of what the  Heavenly Father goes through when we sin and when we choose to go our own way. I also have an inkling of understanding of the unconditional love  my Saviour, my Abba Father has for me and I know he is ready to forgive when I ask him to.

Prayer for today:  Father, I am so very thankful for your forgiveness and never ending love!  Thank you for allowing me to go through the valleys that enable me to see a glimpse of your love for me.  I love you , Father and I am sorry for the hurts I have often brought to your loving heart. I thank you for your faithfulness and pray that I could be more like you. In Jesus name, Amen.


1 comment:

  1. I think you need a 'reaction' square that just says AMEN! =)

    ReplyDelete