How important are your prayers?


Weekend Read sat/Sun June 30 2012:


During my times of testing and trials, I have learned, in order to endure successfully, I need to have others lifting me up in prayer.  Soon after our son was killed, the Lord gave me several songs and poems.  I offer one here for your benefit, to let you know how important your prayers are to your friends and family:  I know for a fact if we had not been blessed by the numerous prayers of  friends and family, we would not have experienced the peace and comfort that surrounded us in our time of loss!


Your Prayers Matter
Don't think your prayers don't make a difference
I know they do, my friend
For when my name by you is uttered
I'm on the other end
And often when I walk in sorrow
Burdened down with cares
the clouds are lifted
The sun shines through
I'm floating on your prayers

Don't think your prayers don't make a difference
I know they do, my brother
For in His Holy Word it's stated
To pray for one another
I know when days are dull and dreary
And I'm caught in Satan’s snares
The valleys seem to escalate
I'm floating on your prayers

When you think your prayers don't matter
When it seems God never hears
Don't give up or be discouraged
I am floating on your prayers.
A. Paget/Jan.31,1999



1 comment:

  1. I seemed to have forgotten how effective prayer really is!!!Thank you for reminding me of the truth,and importance of prayer,in our relationship with god!

    ReplyDelete