God remains faithful,even if we do not!!


Friday June 22 2012:

Hebrew 2:13.  “If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny himself.”

Because God is faithful, as we know, and God is true, undisputedly, he cannot be a liar or even untruthful!  It is always the created one that becomes unfaithful; it is I! Not ever God!

Years ago there was a cartoon strip in the daily newspapers called,’ Pogo’  a classic line from that creation has remained with me, It’s when Pogo says, “I have seen the enemy and the enemy is us!” Isn’t this true?  Our God is forever faithful and loving and cannot be anything else because that is who he is! 

It is always "I" who  becomes unfaithful and less loving!  We can take great comfort in this promise and it has been proven over and over again.

As I look back on my life, I can see the times when God was a faithful God even though I chose to ignore his desire to be near me and I  neglected the close relationship we had for a long, rewarding time in my life. 

When the time came for me to rekindle my first love, My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, he didn’t bring up past sins and accuse me of neglect, he simply accepted my repentance and forgave me and welcomed me back into his fold.  Why?  Because he is a faithful God! God’s faithfulness is as sure as his love and forgiveness.  If you feel God has abandoned you, read Hebrews 2:13 and believe it!

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord, I am so very thank full that you are a faithful God who never gives up on me.  Even though I cause you hurt and neglect you so often, you are always here for me to talk to and draw near to.  I want to thank you for being who you say you are and I know I can always rely on you no matter what for you have promised to be closer to me than a brother.  Thank you for loving me, always!  Help me to stay close to you and be faithful to you and your word!  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment