A deeper understanding of God's love!


Friday August 24 2012:

2 Thessalonians 3:5.  “May the Lord bring you into an ever deeper understanding of the love of God and the endurance that comes from Christ.”

When our son was suddenly killed in a single car accident, we were devastated.  He was thirty-seven years old, Father of two children.  He was learning about living a Christian life and growing in the Lord.  As reality sunk in and we started making the necessary arrangements for the service, an uncanny peace settled upon me.  People who talked to me commented how I was like a rock and they marveled at the strength I displayed.  I knew it was not my strength that enabled me to be like this, it was the awesome love of God being poured out on me in a deep peace through the prayers of loved ones.  It was a love that is indescribable but very real.

As I look back to that time, I know it was one experience that brought me into a deeper understanding of God’s love.  We cannot understand when we are in the eye of the situation, but when we look back it becomes clear how God’s love sustains us while we are in the trial.

Be patient, take comfort that this trial will generate a deeper understanding of God’s love and one day you will look back and say,” yes, I understand.”
.
Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I praise you and thank you for taking care of me even though, when I go through trials and wonder where you are; I really know you are right here with me and you care for me with a love that I can not understand.  Help me to look at the valleys with joy because I am moving into a deeper understanding of your love. Thank you , Lord for having patience with me.  In Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment