Be encouraged today!



Monday August 13 2012:

1 Corinthians 15:56.  “So my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord’s work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.”

Sometimes we feel our efforts to serve the Lord are insignificant.  It is easy to become despondent and allow negative and selfish thoughts to overtake us.  We may be experiencing a time when our production of fruit is meager and we wonder if we are even capable of any type of ministry that furthers the Kingdom of God.

Paul is telling us to always be strong in our efforts.  To be steady or consistent, don’t quit or give up and always be enthusiastic in our efforts.  Whether we make muffins for someone, give to the Lord monetarily, visit the sick or lonely or take a moment to comfort a small hurting child, whatever we do to honour the Lord will never be wasted or useless. Never give up because God sees what is done in his name even if no one else knows about it or sees it, no matter how great or how small, our work for the lord is never in vain.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I am so thankful for the promises in your Word. Forgive me for being discouraged, when I know everything is in your hands and all things work together for good because I love you.  I am so glad you see what I do for you even if no one else does.  Help me to continue to do good for others and thank you for loving me just as I am.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment