Remembering Grampa!


Weekend Read August 26 2012:


The following poem was written by Robyn Movold, my daughter, following the death of my Father, her Grandfather.  She read it at his memorial for the first time.  It was a blessing to all and my hope is that you might be blessed by her offering.
In Memory of Grampa:
January 23 1910 - August 7, 2003:

With gospel songs and meal time grace,
My heart will always see his face.
His deep bass voice in prayer or song,
We knew his blessings would be long.
When Grandpa prayed to start the day,
All was well as we went our way.
Precious memories, flood my soul,
His steadfast faith, helped make me whole.
No matter his faults or his unbending ways,
No matter his errors or some sinful days,
No matter the wrong he may have done,
My grandpa was tops. The very best one!
The sadness, it seeps deep down in my heart,
For the fact does remain, that now we must part.
Many will miss his particular ways,
Many remember his long lived out days.
Many will cherish the memories we hold,
As love for my Grandpa, is more precious than gold.
Today as I bid him farewell from this place,
I imagine him standing before Jesus’ face.
His rewards waiting there and his mansion prepared,
Not a gift left ungiven, not a treasure will be spared.
As he walks with his Saviour discussing God’s gifts,
Our hearts can be lightened as our sorrows lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment