Is the joy on your face?


Friday  August 17 2012:

Isaiah 62:10.  “Go out!  Prepare the highway for my people to return!  Smooth out the road!  Pull out the boulders; raise a flag for all the nations to see.”

Every year when we make our autumn trip to Vancouver Island and when we return in the spring, we study maps, talk to others who have experienced the same destination,  then we weigh the pro’s and con’s and also take the scenery into consideration, and then, we contemplate which road we will travel on.  We  both enjoy traveling and seeing new sights but we also want to make sure our road choice is not undergoing major construction which might hold us up or make it impassable for us in our motor home.  There are many factors to consider.

In my Bible, in the margin, I have written, “Are we building a highway that people will want to travel on?

The question is, how are we portraying our walk with the Lord?  Are we making the road inviting?  Do we preach and tell or are we modeling the joy and fulfillment of His Holy presence?  Do others say, “I want to travel on the road you’re on” or, “ If that’s Christianity, I don’t want any part of it!”

Use this day to evaluate your portrayal of Christ and ask Him to help you model His fullness!

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord, forgive me for not reflecting your joy to others and being a living example of you.  Sometimes life gets hard and I dwell on the problems instead of trusting you and knowing you will take care of them all. Today, fill me with your joy and help me to keep my eyes on you.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment