A lesson from Joseph!


Monday August 20 2012:

Psalm 105:19.  “Until the time came to fulfill his word, the Lord tested Joseph’s character.”

Are you waiting for something to happen in you life?  Is God testing your character as he did with Joseph?  How are you handling the wait?

It has been years since I started praying for loved ones to embrace the grace and forgiveness of the Lord Jesus Christ.  During the wait, I have learned much.  At the beginning, I was impatient and tried to change others on my own until I realized I was only hindering God’s work by interfering with him.

 I finally started praying for God to give me the heart he wanted me to have and an evident Christ like love.  As I waited, I was blessed with a peace I had never known before.  I am not in a perfect place yet because I still get frustrated and impatient at times but God grants me  the grace I need each day as I learn to lay my concerns at his feet and allow him to carry my burdens. 

My character is being developed while I wait for his perfect timing and I know one day God will fulfill his promise  as I learn to let him do his work.
It is not easy to give up all the worries but we need to learn to wait for God’s timing just as Joseph did many years ago, in the end God fulfilled his purpose in Joseph’s life.

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord, I know I get impatient at times and I also know your timing is best.  Help me to be patient and wait for you to fulfill your plans in my life and those around me. My desire is to please you and accept your plan for my life.  In Jesus name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment