Make me more like you,Jesus!


Tuesday August 21 2012:

Ephesians 4:15.  “Instead we will hold to the truth in love, becoming more and more, in every way like Christ.”

My husband and I are celebrating 45 years of marriage this week.  We have spent many frustrating times learning how to be compatible. We have learned much about each other, and although our differences have become less, our personalities are still very individualistic and independent.  As time goes on and we continue to grow closer , I find our similarities growing and our differences  becoming less.  It doesn’t just happen, it takes determination, perseverance,  communication, consistency and a shared love.

I believe this is how we can achieve Christ-likeness,  We need to spend more time with him.  We need to read his Word and spend time in prayer and listen to him when he speaks to us.  We need to spend time praising and worshipping him and become more sensitive to his leading and his guidance.

Our desire needs to be for a longing to be close with our Heavenly Father, through Christ Jesus and this is achieved by knowing him through his Word and our prayers.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father As I live day to day in this busy world, I want to become more and more like you.  Help me to be able to spend the time to get to know you more and even to become more like you. Let our differences become less and our similarities become more and more alike.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment