When God dresses you..........


Thursday August 30 2012:


Isaiah 61:10.  “ I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!  For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness.”

I was a retailer in a “faddish” ladies wear store for several years before I returned to University to complete my degree in education.  I realized, working in this environment increased my desire to wear the latest fashions and build my wardrobe beyond reason.  I also enjoyed a substantial discount and seldom wore the same outfit more than two or three times.  My clothing became very important to me.  I’m not saying that we should not or cannot dress well but when our clothes become the most important part of our lives, we need to reassess our priorities.

When I rededicated my life to Christ, I realized that my earthly coverings were not even comparable to the covering of salvation and the robe of righteousness that the Lord was covering me with.  What an undeniable feeling of worth encircles us when we accept the covering freely given to us by the Lord.

When my sister was very ill she spent many hours in prayer.  Before her passing she related an experience she had.  In a vision, one day when she was kneeling by her bed, she was asking God to cover her in righteousness.  She then saw herself kneeling before Jesus who was approaching to cover her in a robe. As he draped the robe over her kneeling body, he even took the time to tuck in the edges and corners so that not one part of her was exposed.  Her picture gave me a vivid picture of what it means to be covered with the “robe” of righteousness.

Prayer for today: Dear Heavenly Father, Help me to keep my priorities in order and to trust you more.  Help me to let the riches of this world become a shadow and to make you the center of my life.  Let me become what you would have me be.  Help me to start today Dear Lord.  In Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment