Don't win the battle to lose the war!


Wednesday August 29 2012:

Philippians 2:12.  “In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing.”

I remember as a small child, listening to my Dad and aunt argue about scripture.  It often became a fist slamming, table banging, and door slamming battle.  The combat consisted of a bantering of scripture verses tossed back and forth like a ping-pong ball.  It always left a “bad taste” in my spirit and the rest of my family as well.  After leaving the scene, often in a huff, we would be subjected to days of listening to my Father defend himself to us.  I vowed never to argue about scripture to anyone for my entire life.

 Although I have been tempted many times, at times, unsuccessfully, I find it is a valuable attribute and fosters harmony with others.
 
This instruction applies to daily living in every circumstance. Our winter lifestyle of living in  a motor home six months of the year, has taught me to weigh what is truly important enough to complain or argue about.  In five years my husband and I have engaged in only a few arguments.  This is due to the marvelous grace of God and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. and self control. When we let go of the small “stuff” the victory of harmony between  couples or others can be accomplished.  Life becomes more enjoyable if we make this scripture a daily reminder of how to live.  Take your complaints to the Lord and leave them at the foot of he cross, unhappiness will diminish and your life will become more rewarding.

Prayer for today.  “Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for your forgiveness and thank you for not remembering my faults or sins.  I know I am forgiven by your grace and my repentance.  Help me not to dwell on the faults of others especially those close to me.  Help me not to make a “big deal” of things that don’t matter in the “big” picture of life.  I love you Lord, help me to love with a Christ like love and be forgiving like you.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment