Learning patience!


Thursday August 23 2012:

Hebrews 6:15  “Then Abraham waited patiently and he received what God had promised.”

Oh, The virtue of patience!  When I think about God’s promise to Abraham, I have admiration and great respect for Abraham.  He was already an older man when he was told he would be a father to as many people as there are grains of sand.  Abraham, in his ‘blind’ faith, accepted God’s promise even though he had no children.  As we read the outcome, we know God’s promise came to pass. 

Abraham displayed great patience.  When I grow impatient, which could be considered often, because my prayer has not been answered the way I think it should have been, I think of Abraham who waited patiently until he was an old man, to see the promise of God become reality.

If you have been waiting long, don’t give up.  Through this wait you are displaying patience, which builds strong character.  This life is a training ground for our heavenly home so it is a time of learning and becoming.  Do not fear but rest in the assurance that God is answering your prayer and has your best interest at heart. God always fulfils his promise!

Prayer for today.  Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for being a Father that I can rely on.  I know you love me more than I can conceive and therefore you have my best interest at heart.  Let me live in your perfect will and always trust you because you know what is best for me. Help me not to become impatient when things don’t go my way because your way is the best.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment