What is righteousness? Who is? Am I?


Thursday August 9 2012:

Isaiah 45:24.  “............the Lord is the  source of all my righteousness and strength.”

My husband and I were on a breathtaking hike in the Alberta Rockies one summer.  We were marveling at the magnificence of the Bow River.  It serves many communities, Calgary being it’s largest user.  I am always concerned about the possibility of a shortage of water and I wondered how this river could provide so many people with water and never run out.  Soon we came to the source of this flowing water and realized the potential of the glacier that enabled the river to flow so abundantly.  Although scientists say it is frightening how rapidly the glacier is melting, it is a majestic thing to behold. It made me realize how our Heavenly Father is the source of our strength and righteousness.  Unlike the glacier, He never runs short of living water and there is no danger of a slow melt. His water is freely given to us as we need it and it is this water, this Holy Spirit infilling that enables us to be righteous and strong.
In order to enter heaven, we must be righteous.  Can we obtain righteousness on our own?  Perhaps by good works or by clean living?  No! Definitely not!  Where then or how can we become righteous?  It is only through the shed blood of Jesus Christ that our righteousness can be obtained.

“ When we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
1 John 1:9

Our righteousness comes from the Lord who sent Jesus to die for our sins and therefore we can stand before God as righteous people.  This enables us to be strong in faith and bold for Christ.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I’m so thankful that you are a never-ending source of living water and you are always the same.  I am so thankful that I can draw from this living water to fill me with the strength I need each day.  You never change or waver and you long to fill me daily.  Thank you for being my Father and caring about me and for me.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment