Are you a God follower?


Monday January 30 2012


Psalm 12:1  “Help, O Lord, for the Godly are fast disappearing!  The faithful have vanished from the earth.”


Does it seem like there are fewer and fewer  professing “God followers ”around anymore?  

To meet someone new and discover they are a Christian, is indeed, a very precious blessing because it is becoming a more rare experience as time passes. I remember several years ago when I was enrolled in a secular University where the absence of Christianity is increasingly evident,  there was another “mature” woman in the same classes who I was drawn to.  We became “coffee” friends and on one occasion, I remember her telling me she was a Christian. I felt so immensely blessed because I believed the Lord had sent her to me. We have remained close friends ever since.

Even though this Psalm was written more than two thousand years ago, it seems more relevant today than ever before. And there are those who say the Bible is not relevant today. If we just take the time to read God’s word, we will find it immensely relevant and the Holy Spirit will speak to our hearts and illuminate His word.

Prayer for today: Thank-you, Lord, for the numerous blessings that you provide each day.  You are such a merciful and generous God!  I am so grateful for Your Word and the people who have spent hours interpreting  it so I am able  to understand it.  Thank-you for loving me and providing the way to know that we have the promise of spending eternity with You and our loved ones who have gone before us.  Thank-you for placing people in my  path that know you and love you. I am so thankful for Christian friends.  Help me not to take them for granted. In Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment