Water of Life: Jan.11


Wednesday  January 11 2012

Isaiah 30: 25.  “................................... there will be streams of water flowing down every mountain and hill.”

In Canada, we have not experienced a lack of water but we do know water is becoming a premium in other countries.  I visited Mexico a short time ago and knew I had to carry my own water because the water there is contaminated to such an extent it makes one sick to drink it. The residents even have to buy water in order to survive.  This promise must be a very precious promise for those who are thirsty for physical water but what about the thirst for peace, joy, fulfillment and spiritual gratification?
 
In North America, it seems, everyone is searching for inner peace and spiritual fulfillment.  Many are looking in the wrong direction.  It cannot be found in psychics, new age philosophy, crystals, “how to” books or horoscopes.  These streams of  water can only be found in the “Living Water” that Jesus Christ offers.  All that is required from us is to accept the truth and believe it! What a glorious gift, to have the Water of the Holy Spirit flowing down and around you.  This is the blessing of the “Living Water” when we walk in the steps that He desires for us.
 
Water often refers to the Holy Spirit and when we desire and seek to be full, He fills us so full it bubbles over or down every mountain and hill. If you are thirsting today, ask the Lord to fill you with His “water” that quenches the thirst forever so you need never thirst again.

Prayer for today: Lord, I desire to be filled with your Holy Spirit, help me to welcome all that you have for me.  I want to be so full that I won’t be able to contain all you give. My heart yearns for your presence to come and fill me to overflowing. I want to know you more and love you more and praise you more.  Give me a hunger for you that will never be satiated. I love you Lord, In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment