Values, commitments and responsibility.......



Tuesday January 31 2012

Psalm 12: 2 ”Neighbors lie to each other, speaking with flattering lips and insincere hearts.”

During elections in Canada and the United States, there were many lying lips.  While listening to the politicians, it was evident that many were saying what they thought the voters wanted to hear with little intention of actually carrying through with the promises made.  At times, what was said was detrimental and only uttered with the purpose of destroying credibility in the opponent.

Unfortunately, not only in political life but in many walks of life there are people who are superficial hypocrites.

At times there is less and less evident commitment from people in many areas. Often jobs are not valued, relationships are not respected, children are brought into the world to fend for themselves or children are destroyed before they even have a chance to survive, which relates to an absence of the sanctity of life itself.  I think most people would have to agree with me when I say that the Bible is a very relevant book today?

Today I want to encourage you to return to Biblical principles and teach them to your children  by living daily as you ought. God does not expect us to be holy and righteous on our own strength.  He will provide the wisdom and strength we need to live as we should if we learn to trust Him and rely on Him and let Him help us.

Prayer for today: Precious Lord, Help me to always speak truth, never needing to stretch it into something to enhance it or make it more sensational.  I want to be an example for   the teachings of Jesus Christ and be a credible witness for you. Help me to be aware at all times that I am a spokesperson for you, oh Lord!  Thank-you for your truths and your Word that teaches me what I need to know. In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment