Proclaiming the Kingdom of God.......


Tuesday January 24 2012  
Acts 28:31.
“..........proclaiming the Kingdom of God with all boldness and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ.  And no one tried to stop him.”

In this passage, Paul models boldness after he is sent to Rome to be tried.  He rents a place to live and uses it to proclaim the Kingdom of God with boldness and teach about Jesus.  He was given the freedom to do this for several reasons; one was that he was a respected Roman Citizen and deserved to be heard and also the Holy Spirit was upon him to enable him to use this time to proclaim the truth.

 My prayer is that I  might take a lesson from Paul and have the “boldness” to proclaim Jesus Christ as the Son of God who waits to take our sins away and free us from the bondage of a fearful life. I encourage you to make that  your prayer today as well.

Prayer for today: “Come, Holy Spirit, I need you.  Come Sweet Spirit, I pray. Come in thy strength and thy power, come in thine own gentle way.” Come and equip me to be a soldier for Jesus and have a new boldness as Paul did.  Keep me in the Holy Word so that I may study to be approved by God in order to proclaim truth and justice.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment