Blessings




Monday January 9 2012

 Isaiah 30:23.  “Then the Lord will bless you with rain at planting time.  There will be wonderful harvests and plenty of pastureland for your cattle.”

Rain denotes a rich blessing from the Lord.(Duet. 28:12)
Harvest, in the New Testament, is mostly used figuratively for the gathering in of the redeemed saints at the end of the age. 
In the Old Testament the harvest was a very significant event because the economy was strictly agriculture (for the Israelites).  They had three harvests each year,
1) Barley, (Ruth 1:22)  2)Wheat, (Gen.30:14)  3) Fruits of trees or vines in Sep. or Oct. 

These are the promises we can receive today, if we repent and keep our eyes on God.  For the Israelites, an abundant harvest was the greatest blessing because their lives depended on the harvest of the year.  When the rains did not come at the right time, it led to a year of hardship and hunger.( N.I.V. dictionary)
Our lives are not complete without the blessing of the Lord.  Is there a famine in your life? ask yourself, “What have I harvested for the Lord?”  His desire is to lavish you with blessings but we often make the wrong choices and reject Him, in which case, it is impossible for us to receive His blessings.  With Him we are blessed and fully alive.  Without Him there is a void and an absence of blessing........a famine. The message for today is to ask the Lord, “What can I do for you today, Lord?” Then, when you sense His leading, go forth and do His work. You will reap an abundant harvest for Him and in turn be blessed beyond measure.

Prayer for today: Father, I praise you and thank you for who you are and I am so thankful to be your child.  Let me never take your love for granted but continue to praise you at all times.  I ask you to make me a blessing to someone today to bring honour and glory to your name.  Prune me, Lord, even if it hurts, so that I can be all that I was created to be.  Help me to keep my eyes on you so that I can be a part of the harvest.  I need your blessings and long for a closeness with you. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words! They are a blessing to me as I reflect on the message in regards to my own life. Thanks Adena for your words of wisdom - that come from the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete