Tuesday Jan.10 2012


January 10 2012  Tuesday

 Isaiah 30:24.  “The oxen and donkeys that till the ground will eat good grain, it’s chaff having been blown away by the wind.”

Chaff is partly dust and dirt and the inedible coat of the grain.  It means “dry hay” - fit for burning. Often used as a metaphor for worthless or Godless men, Psalm 1:4 or Godless nations, Isaiah 17:13. (N.I.V. dictionary)
God even remembers the animals here.  Chaff would have supplied only empty calories, similar to eating potato chips, and would weaken the animal but the people here are promised much more than they can even conceive.  We are included in this promise.  It is also for the children of God who have come to Him with repentant hearts to have their sins forgiven. 

We need to be aware of speaking meaningless words because they are like empty calories, they fill the time but for no purpose and often can damage the recipient and ourselves. It is better to keep quiet than to speak empty words.  Proverbs 10:19 and Proverbs 17:27, 28 are a confirmation of this. I encourage you to look these verses up and take them to heart.

Prayer for today: Help me to say only what you want me to say, today, Lord. Solomon said it is more difficult to control the tongue than a ship so Lord, I ask for wisdom and the ability to think before I speak. Let my words be more than chaff, help me to utter meaningful words that will be a blessing to you and others. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment