We are joint heirs with God......January 17


Tuesday January 17 2012

Ephesians 1:11) “Furthermore, because of Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for He chose us from the beginning and all things happen just as he decided long ago.”

When my husband and I come to the end of our lives here on earth, all of our children will receive the exact same share, of what we leave, and that is how God considers us.  We truly are legal heirs because we receive an inheritance from God.  Not because of our good deeds or “holy” efforts, but because God chose us long ago and he decided that we are legal heirs.  All of our children will receive what is rightfully theirs as well, not because they have been “good” to us or have done favors for us, but because we love them all equally no matter what happens in our relationship. They are legally our children and each one of them are entitled to an equal portion. (Whatever that may be.)
I have discovered, in order to help me understand my relationship with my Heavenly Father, I often compare it to the relationships we have here on earth and it helps me understand the deep love my heavenly Father has for me and you.
Prayer for today: Father, Thank you for your grace, for it is by grace, we are saved through faith and it is only by your grace that I have been forgiven and adopted into the family of God.  There is nothing I can do to earn or buy a place in Heaven.  I am not deserving of your mercy and favor but by the sacrifice of your precious Son, I can be your child and my inheritance includes a home in Heaven. Thank you, Lord for choosing me to be your child.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment