The worth of all!


Weekend reading: January 22 2012
The Dream:
by Adena Paget

One night I dreamed I was walking along a dusty path beside a barbed wire fence, it seemed the dirt was useless,  not good for growing anything.  It appeared wind blown and extremely dry.  It looked like sifted dust mixed with gravel.  As I walked along, I scuffed the useless dirt with the toe of my shoe and saw something bright and shiny.  I kicked away the dirt and there, to my amazement, I saw two beautiful little diamond ringsAs I stood and admired this treasure, I realized how often I had skimmed over treasures that were not evident at first glance.

 As mere human beings we often miss the potential of treasures along life’s journey. Many times, as a teacher, I spent less time with a student that I thought was not capable of becoming a scholar or doing well with curriculum and at times I neglected to see the potential of the giftings that God had blessed these children with.  I believe God was showing me that if we take the time to look underneath the surface, we will find what is really important and what really counts and that’s what He sees in us.  It is not our outward accomplishments he desires, but the true beauty of a heart that is uncontaminated, pure and innocent. Sometimes we need to take the time to look closer to those God puts in our path, until we can see past the exterior shell, to the “heart”.


Prayer for today. Please forgive me Lord for being hasty with some you have put in my path.  I know I often judge others by first appearances or at least too quickly.  Help me to see that person as you see them.  Help me to see beneath the surface to the very “heart”  of the person and learn to love them like you do, Jesus.  I realize there is good in everyone but Lord, sometimes I have trouble seeing it.  Give me a heart that’s filled with  love and understanding, in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment