Goodness of God


Friday January 12, 2012

Ephesians 1:3  “How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who  has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to God.”

Have you ever asked yourself, “Why is God so good to me?” Even though we experience adversities in  life, we are assured of the tremendous love of God that always shines through any circumstances. As we allow the illumination, our troubles seem to diminish.  I encourage you to dwell on the blessings and think about how very much God loves you.

Sometimes I find myself in an emotional state with a lump in my throat when I think of how very much God must love me to bestow such blessings of peace and joy in the midst of my afflictions.  The gifts are overwhelming and are much sweeter and more vivid than any hardships in life. When we ask the question, we can be sure God loves us because we belong to Him.  When I slip into a phase of self-pity and concentrate on my troubles, the day gets dark and difficult to bear. Then I remind myself how much God loves me and how numerous my blessings are even though I forget about them many times. We  know the adversities we suffer are there because God loves us and cares enough to invest the time to teach us new things in  order to bring us closer to Him and find His sweet peace once again.  I encourage you to spend  time thinking about  how special you are to Him, and soon the day will change into a brighter and blessed time where it becomes easy to praise Him.


Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that you are my personal Father as well as my Heavenly Father because I can bring all my troubles to you and I know you will understand.  I know your hand is upon me to protect me and keep me safe. Help me to keep my thoughts on you and your blessings to me, In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment