Are we doing our part?


Thursday May 24 2012:

1 Corinthians 3:16. “Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you.”
Ephesians 2:21. “We who believe are carefully joined together, becoming a holy temple for the Lord.”

Here the “temple” is used symbolically as a group of Christians coming together. We are still given the same responsibility of realizing the awesome holiness of this gathering.  Paul says that we all need to do our part as being one of the group of Christians and we are all given individual gifts that together can be used for God’s glory.

Whether we are called a holy temple as an individual or as part of a group, we still have the awesome privilege of carrying out the responsibility of being a part of God’s plan of creation
.
Many times in churches, we see only a handful of people doing all the work. This is not the way God planned it.  Are we, as part of the family of God, taking our responsibility seriously enough for God to use us in our fullest potential? Are we living as though we are, Fully Alive, for our Creator?

Prayer for today: Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that you care about your Church. As part of your plan, help me to be available and willing to be used by you.  Help me not to shirk my duty to you or cower in the corner when I am asked to do something. As part of your family, let me be all that I can be and willing to do whatever you have for me.  Help me not to overdo things as well but to know exactly what your will for my life is. I want to give you the honour and the glory for everything and not be puffed up or egotistical about the gifts you have given me.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment