You can be "truly" rich!


Monday May 7 2012

Revelation 3:18: “ I advise you to buy gold from me - gold that has been purified by fire.  Then you will be rich.”

Are we relying on the “world” for riches? (gold)  ONLY worldly wealth cannot make you truly “rich”. 
To be “truly” rich”  means more than earthly riches, it is only achieved by learning to rely on the Lord to provide the “gold” that has been purified by fire! 

Jesus Christ went through the fire, not to be purified because He already was perfect and pure!  Why, then did he have to suffer?  Because He took my sins and your sins and, in fact, the sins of the whole world upon himself so that we would not have to sacrifice animals and/or shed blood  in order to “buy” redemption.  Jesus did it all.

That is not to say we don’t need the experience of going through the “fire”.  We will likely suffer many fires but not for the sake of redemption and justification.  We need the fires to learn, to mature, in order to be able to help someone else!  God’s Son, the pure one, has suffered the “fire” for you and me.  It is that “gold” we need to embrace and rely on for our riches, which are yet to come.  If we have the Holy Spirit, we are rich already - far richer than the riches this world has to offer and the promise of one day being with the Lord, is the greatest wealth we can ever hope for.

Prayer for today: Dear Lord, I thank you today for paying the ultimate price for my salvation.  You gave your self as a holy sacrifice for me so that I can embrace the knowledge and comfort of eternal; life with you.  While I wait for your return, you give me peace and comfort in the midst of life’s storms. Thank you for providing me with the presence of the Holy Spirit that fills me with love, joy and hope for the future.  Help me to give you all the honour and glory because you are the Lord! In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment