What do you do with "hurts"?


Tuesday May 29 2012:

Matthew 5:46: If you love only those who love you, what good is that?  Even corrupt tax collectors do that much.”

When we walk with the Lord, we are often excluded to hurts by others.  Some people may call me naive but  through my desire to be closer to God by practicing to give my burdens, concerns and anxiety to Him, I seldom find myself being hurt by another. 

I know I’m not such a “wonderful” person that everyone who knows me, loves me and so I realize there are those who say negative things about me or to me but, because I know God’s love surrounds me at all times, I seem to be unaffected by the derogatory hurts meant for me. 

I have learned, the moment I feel a negative vibration from another person, I lift them up to Jesus and repent of my selfish feelings, Jesus always works a miracle and heals the emotions.  He creates a clean heart in me. With Jesus comes the ability to love, even your enemies and those who persecute you.

Feeling hurt is a selfish emotion.  It is self-centered!  Instead, we should project our thoughts outward,  do good to others, help someone in need, take your focus off yourself and you’ll find there are less and less hurts to deal with.

Prayer for today:  Heavenly Father, Thank you for allowing me to be forgiving to those that might hurt my feelings. Help me to love those that may not love me. Give me a heart that’s filled with love for all whom you have created.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment