Showing love,even if you don't feel like it!


Wednesday May 30 2012

Matthew 5:47:  “If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?  Even Pagans do that.”

As Christians, we have a responsibility to show kindness to all, even to our enemies or those who hurt us.  It is easy to be kind to our friends and the words of Jesus challenge us to practice kindness beyond “easy”,  to stretch our faith and Christian love. I encourage you to take some time in the next few days to do something nice for someone that is not a particularly good friend.  Perhaps even someone who is a challenge to you.  Ask the Lord to show you who it should be.  You will be blessed by your action.

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord, Thank you for showering your love on me every day.  I know sometimes I am not exactly what you would want me to be and yet you love me and bless me.  Today, Lord I ask you to enable me to show love to someone whom you choose.  Lord, even if I don’t care for that person, help me to see their good points and dwell on those.  Help me to see them as you see them and give me a desire to reach out and love them as you do. In Jesus name, amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment