Jesus is a gentleman!!


Friday May 11 2012:

Revelation 3:20.  “Look! Here I stand at the door and knock.  If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in and we will share a meal as friends.”

Why would Jesus stand at the door and knock?  He is surely capable of entering wherever and whenever He wants?  He stands at the door and knocks because He is a gentle man and never forces himself upon anyone or intrudes in anyone’s life unless he is asked!

When our children left home to set up housekeeping, I remember asking for their house keys.  They were somewhat surprised but we explained to them, while they would always be welcome at home, we would expect when they came to visit, they would ring the doorbell and be invited to come in.  By the same token, I would never walk into their homes without knocking or being invited. 

Isn’t it comforting to know that Jesus has the same respect for us. He never barges in, he waits to be invited!  If you have felt him tug at your heart, invite him to come in so you can enjoy the fellowship that is available by knowing him.  To experience a close and intimate fellowship with someone who will stick closer to you than a brother, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the ultimate joy!

Prayer for today: Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for loving me enough to wait for me to invite you into my life. My relationship with you is the most important thing and I know you will never let me go! Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me so you will always know you are welcome in my heart and in my life. In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment