Pure in Gods sight!


Tuesday May 7 2012:

Revelation 3:18b: “.......And also buy white garments so you will not be shamed by your nakedness..........”

These ‘garments’ signify purity, which God sees in us when we are forgiven by his Son, Jesus Christ. Our sins are buried so deeply that God does not see them anymore.  When we communicate (pray) to God, He sees us as perfect in white garments. 

We cannot do anything to earn these white robes-they are provided when Jesus becomes our Saviour by being invited and to forgive our sins.

Many people I know are trying so hard to be good enough to earn a place in heaven but in ourselves we can never accomplish enough “goodness” to be worthy of heaven. Often there is no joy in performing good deeds but it is the goal that keeps us doing it. How sad that we wear ourselves out trying to accomplish earthly perfection when it is impossible!

Even though, perfection is required to enter into the Heavenly realm, the only way to accomplish it is to accept the free gift of salvation. Acceptance is simple; ask Jesus to forgive you and come into your life and live in you.  As you do this, the Holy Spirit enters your spirit and dwells in you thereby enabling you to live by the faith that is given and, in God’s sight, we become perfect, clothed in pure white, garments that hide our nakedness or impurity and enable us to enter into the Holy Kingdom.

Prayer for today: Father, God, How I thank you today for making it so easy for me to be  welcomed into your Kingdom.  You have enabled me to become perfect in your sight.  I am so thankful that I don’t need to earn my way into heaven but you have made it possible for me to accept your free gift of salvation by simply acknowledging that Jesus is Lord and through this action my sins are forgiven and you see me as perfect in your sight.  Help my unbelief and increase my faith, In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment