Now you know my secret!


A Weekend Read May 19/20
A Dream:

I dreamt I was walking through a very long tunnel.  It was a pleasant experience and there were many encouraging windows along the way that let in a goodly amount of light so I could always see a portion of the road ahead.  It was the light at the end that I was striving for, the ultimate daylight that warms and shines brightly in its fullest splendor.  I could imagine it in the distance and I knew one day I would see it!
Every so often, I came to a turn and I thought I could almost see the brightness of the end of the tunnel but it didn’t seem to be time yet.  I knew I was in this situation by the choices I made.  I experienced many advantages here.  I was safe from harm because nothing could “pluck” me from the knowledge that one day the light would illuminate around me perfectly.  I knew which direction to travel; it was one of two, forward or backward.  I didn’t have any desire to go back so that left a clear direction to travel forward.  I was also aware of a very close commandant who was near to support me and keep me from becoming lonely.  It seems as though he didn’t want this experience to end.  He was very happy and content where we were and it was as if there was a fear of the unknown.

I remember thinking:

There are many people like that, who just want to remain in their present situation because they know how to behave and what to expect.  They like the familiarity of each day and week and year.  They are not sure what might be expected of them in a new situation and so they prefer to stay where they are.” 

Perhaps it is fear or maybe low self-esteem or the dreaded horror of ‘what will people think if I don’t meet their expectations?

As I moved along, I waited in anticipation of the moment when we would reach the ‘light’.  Until then, I remained beside the partner that my Master blessed me with.  He shared my intimate moments, my emotions, my hurts and my elation’s.  I knew I would stay until the day when we both came to the end; the truth, when we would both share the glory of the True Light together.

I could not tell him to hurry for fear it would lead to injury and slow us down.  As we walked on, I found myself enjoying his company and sensing that I was exactly where I should be.  Although my goal was to reach the end, I knew we would reach it together.  In order to do that, I knew I must continue to move at the exact right speed, not so slow, I lagged behind, not too fast in case I lost my Partner and left Him behind but right beside him each step of the way.  That way we could help each other if one should stumble.

I also knew our Guide, sent by the Master, was not far away and would not allow anything to happen that might hinder reaching the ultimate goal!
Phil.3: 14, “I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Jesus Christ, is calling us to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment