Droughts in your life?


Tuesday May 1 2012

Isaiah 44:3.  “ For I will give you abundant water to quench your thirst and moisten your parched fields.  And I will pour out my spirit and my blessings on your children.”
I knew it had been an exceptionally dry summer in Western Canada but as we headed toward the west coast in our motor home. the scenes were sad and disheartening. Many of the roadside sloughs and wetlands were parched and cracked from lack of water.  The Lord showed me that this was comparable to many precious souls who are suffering in the same manner, parched and dying from lack of water.  The difference is, human souls are craving for spiritual water and God tells us He has an abundant supply for us if we ask.  If we live as He ordains, we are promised to be like a well-watered garden, an ever flowing spring.  (Isaiah 58:11) And this promise is for our children as well.
In the last few years, there has been a search for spiritual fulfillment in North America.  Many are searching for something to fill that void but only a personal relationship with Jesus Christ can satiate that deep emptiness.  Christ is the only way to God, the Holy One, and the Miraculous Gardener who waits to fill that desire He created in every human heart.  Yes! we all have a thirst that needs to be quenched.  Ask Him to fill you today.

Prayer for today: Heavenly Father, I thank you for your words of comfort that tell me You are waiting to fill me with spiritual water. To quench my thirst and that longing to be filled with total satisfaction and peace that only your presence can provide.  Today, I ask you to fill me so full that I’ll be bubbling over so that others may see the joy and fullness you freely give.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment