A guide for your steps!


Thursday May 17 2012

Habakkuk 3:19.  “The Sovereign Lord is my strength!  He will make me as sure footed as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains.”

Oh, what a wonderful promise.  There are times when we stray from the perfect will of the Father.  It is those times when we think we know where we’re going, that we stumble.  I liken it to hiking up a mountain on a trail that is not well marked.  I have a friend who climbed Fisher Peak in southern British Columbia, one year.  Two male friends whose legs were much longer than hers accompanied her.  Because of this, their stride was  wider and it made it possible for them to climb up footholds that were far apart where as she could not reach some of the steps they used.  She relates the climb as being scary until she decided to follow the safer, less treacherous trail.  It was longer and had loose shale but these obstacles were easier for her to maneuver than the steep and wide “short cut” that she had been led on previously.  When she returned to the path that was right for her, the climb became easier and less frightening.

I believe this is what happens when we stray away from the path that God has prepared for us.  When we are close to the Lord, the Holy Spirit guides us and makes us sure footed as a deer on a mountain trail.  Our feet will not slip and we will safely, make our climb to our destination.  God loves us too much to allow our footing to fail.

Prayer for today:  Thank you, Lord for guiding my steps.  Keep me close to you so that I always know exactly where you want me to step. Help me not to wander off the trail you want me to travel on.  With you as my guide, I know I can climb any mountain that might be in my way.  Thank you for loving me enough to bring me safely over.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment