The Corner Stone!


Friday May  25 2012:

1 Peter 2:4. “Come to Christ, who is the cornerstone of God’s Temple. ...............”

In order for a structure to withstand calamity, like storms, weaponry, erosion, or other attacks, it must have a solid and invincible corner stone. Even if the walls and roof are solidly constructed, a building is only as good as it’s corner stone or foundation.

With Christ as our cornerstone, if our physical, emotional or  spiritual structure, as individuals or a group is threatened,  we will be able to withstand any storms or weapons or anything else that may try to hinder our Christian testimony and our walk with the Lord.  If we truly learn to rely on Christ, the Solid Rock, our convictions for truth will not be compromised by lies or deceit.  In order to grow closer to the Lord we need to admit that we are sinners, commit our lives to Him and then learn to rely on Him to lead us and guide us in His ways.

Prayer for Today: Heavenly Father, I am so glad that you are the cornerstone on which I can plant my feet and my life.  I never need to worry that you will change for you are an unchanging God and I never have to worry that you will abandon me for your Word tells me, “I will never leave you or forsake you” I love you Lord and ask you to help my unbelief and increase my faith.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment