Don't lose the war to win a small battle!


Wednesday May 9 2012:

Revelation 3:18C “........and buy ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see.”

The unconditional love that Christ gives enables us to see with love.  It is only the “ointment” that Christ gives, that can dim the hurts we have experienced and help us to forgive those that inflicted us.  With Christ we are able to forgive-see the good things-forget the negative aspects of others.

I have learned, that many things I thought were important, really aren’t!  I often won a small battle only to lose the war or the thing that mattered.  It is an awesome thing to come to the realization that many things don’t really matter in the big picture of life.  Many mountains turn out to be anthills when we weigh them with what is really important.  When we come to rely on the Holy Spirit to lead us and truly let him have control, then we can relax and start to enjoy our earthly life. Often it is better to be flexible and let the little things pass without making a “big deal” of everything!

Prayer for today:  Father, God, Thank you for leading me and loving me the way I am.  Forgive me for creating a fuss over the little things in life.  Often I build “things” up in my mind and create mountains out of anthills.  Help me to keep uncertainty in perspective and allow the things that don’t really matter, to pass without creating a situation that may cause dissension.  In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Gramma I needed that one today! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete