Who is in control?


Tuesday May 15 2012

Romans 8:28.  “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, and to those who are called according to His purpose.”

Often we are devastated by an unexpected “blip” in life. It might be an illness, a death of a loved one, a wayward child or something else that causes us to stop dead in our tracks.

 Many times the situation does not make sense to us and we wonder why God would allow a calamity like this.  In this last statement, lies the answer;  “God allows it” and if God is in control and allows this to happen, then we can have the assurance that no matter what happens, all is well! 

When I look back at some of the tragedies in my life, I always see a purpose for the incident.  In the Old Testament, the two situations where we can clearly see the larger purpose is in Job’s and Joseph’s tragedies.  They must have wondered where God was during their ordeals but God had a purpose in mind when he allowed these hardships to happen and in the end we can see why things happened as they did. 

If God had Job and Joseph in his almighty hand then wouldn’t He do the same for us today?  He is an unchanging God , the same yesterday, today and forever. He always knows exactly what is happening in our lives and is with us even when we can’t see Him.

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord, I know you are in control and I know that you know what is best for me so today, I ask you Lord, to keep me in perfect peace and keep my mind on you. I want to trust you for every thing in my life and surrender my will to you because you say that all things work together for good to those who love you, Lord, I want to love you more, I want to serve you more and I want to praise you more.  Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment