Being able to see the whole story.


Friday May 18 2012:

John 6:41. “Then the Jews complained about Him, because He said, “ I am the bread which came down from heaven.”  And they said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know?  How is it then that He says, “ I have come down from heaven?”

We are blessed to be able to “see” the whole story of the time Jesus spent walking on this earth as a man.  I understand why the Jews in Jesus’ day were skeptical and how difficult it must have been for them to accept this ‘man’, Jesus, as God himself.  I often wonder if I could have believed that Jesus was the Messiah if I had walked the earth during that time.

For us, there is no excuse not to believe.  We have the inspired Word of God, the Bible, where history is recorded from the beginning to the end of the earthly ministry of Jesus.  The Prophets in the Old Testament all point to the coming of Messiah and the New Testament records the fulfillment of the coming.  When we realize the wonder and truth of it all, we can, with assurance, accept that Jesus is the, ‘I Am, Very God, Messiah, Saviour and King.  They only saw a small portion of the big picture and had blind minds to the fulfillment of the Prophets that they, in fact, worshipped.  I fear we are often the same, focusing our attention on ourselves and seeing only a small fragment of what Christ sees.  Aren’t you thankful he orchestrates our lives when we walk in the footsteps He prepares for us?  Trust Him to know what is best for you today.

Prayer for today: Heavenly Father, Thank you for the revelation of your purpose on earth.  Help me to understand you more fully and to see more of your power.  In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment