The same yesterday, today forever!


Friday May 4 2012:

Luke 5:12-15.  “ The lepers cry was, ‘Lord, if you want to, you can make me well again.”

Lepers were outcasts, they were forced to walk through the streets shouting, “unclean, unclean” so people could distance themselves from them.  Imagine the destruction and isolation a leper would experience; totally ostracized from  family and friends.  It was little wonder this person approached Jesus with the words, “If you want to.” But Jesus had compassion and answered, “ I want to.” and the man was healed.

Jesus is still the same.  He wants to heal us and bless us; it gives him pleasure.  If we ask in faith and are willing and open to accept His touch, we can be healed.  He is able to heal us from physical sickness and emotional sickness.
“At the touch of Jesus, blinded eyes shall see,
 Broken hearts are mended, spirits are set free,
When He speaks the mountains move at His command,
At the touch of Jesus, ruined lives can stand.”


Prayer for today; Dear Jesus, You are beautiful beyond description, too marvelous for words and I am so thankful you are still the same today as you were when you walked this earth.  You care about our afflictions and our ailments and you wait for us to accept your healing touch.  Our ideas may differ from what you desire of us and I know that you know what is best for me, always. I am so thankful that you want to heal me and you love me so much.  Lord help me to be willing to allow you to work in me and heal me from anything that might hinder my relationship with you.  In Jesus name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment