Reach out to Jesus!


Wednesday May 2 2012:

Luke 6:10. “ ...........Reach out your hand.”  “The man reached out his hand and it became normal again!”

Can you imagine how useless the man with the withered arm felt?  He probably couldn’t work to provide for his family.  There were possibly many negative repercussions because of his malady.  In those days, there were no prosthesis or medical technology to perform this type of corrective surgery.  We cannot possibly understand how devastating this would be to someone in that day.  His only means of support was to be a beggar.   Can you imagine his surge of hope and excitement when he heard of the man, Jesus, who was performing healing miracles?  In faith, he hoped that this “miracle worker” might touch him!

What did Jesus say to the man? “Reach out your hand.”  and the man was healed!

Do you feel useless today? Is there an area in your life that needs the miraculous touch of Jesus?  Today, Jesus is saying, “Reach out your hand.”  He will heal that affliction, even if it is not visible.  Even if it is an inward hurt that might be crippling your ministry or your life.  Listen to the Son of God, Jesus Christ who is still saying, “Reach out to me and I will heal you.”  Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.  His promises and healing power are still here for us to accept
.
Prayer for today:  Dear Lord, I am so thankful that you care about me, even my hurts and pains and I want to reach out to you because I know you will touch me in a new and miraculous way if I reach out.  Help me , Lord, to toss away my pride and freely give myself to you including all my sicknesses. I know you can heal physical and emotional pain and so I trust you Lord, to take it all from me, in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment