A Tribute to Drew, from Robyn, his sister!


Weekend Read July 22 2012:

Our family ties were very strong after our son, Drew was a killed in a car accident.  Every sibling had an opportunity to share at his memorial service.  Our daughter, who was very close to her brother, wrote this poem.


My Brother, My Friend:
The sibling rivalry within me calls out
“It’s not fair”

I want some of what you have, you have to share
You can’t be the only one free from this pain
Why are you free, to soar, again?

You have to share, my brother, my kin.
And then I cry out and ask again
Why God? Why did he hear your call?
Oh Holy Father, make him share with us all

And then I realize, my brother, my friend
You are sharing even at your life’s end
We still feel pain and tears overflowing
But you shared with us a love that was growing

You get to party and dance and sing in God’s glory
And for my jealousy, Drew, I am sorry
For a time will come when we will all share
In worship and song in God’s loving care
So rejoice my dear brother and please party on
We will see  you again when our struggle is gone.
I Love You Drew!
Robyn Movold, October 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment