"He" always forgives!


Friday July 27 2012:

Psalm 30:5.  “His anger lasts for a moment but his favor lasts a lifetime!  Weeping may go on all night, but joy comes with the morning.”

When I was a child, I vividly remember being scolded and punished for being disobedient to my parents.  My Father’s lectures and reprimands often led me to see my errors quickly and I remember my repentance when I realized his disappointment in my behavior.  These experiences always resulted in tears followed by promises to never “do it” again. The following morning or even that same evening, my father always surprised me with a special little treat and tenderness, which confirmed his love for me, was intact and would never disappear.  I was always assured of forgiveness and unconditional love.

I liken this to being a child of God.  Our lives seem to be paths of troubles and trials with consequences or lessons to be learned but when that has been accomplished, we have joy that is full of glory.

No matter what you are experiencing now, we are assured of joy in the morning.  Our hope is in the promise of our Creator who travels with us through the foul-ups that we inevitably bring about.

The realization of error brings tears of remorse accompanied by a need to be forgiven, and with the assurance of forgiveness comes joy.  As often as we err, Jesus waits for us to come to him and repent because he delights in our joy, which is the product of the process.

Prayer for today: “Dear Jesus, How can I say “Thank you” for all the times you have forgiven me and the joy that you have filled me with because of this action.  Help me to dwell on the good things and especially the joy that comes from repenting.  To know that you love me so much that you will always forgive me, is peace in itself.  thank you for your wondrous love.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment