Have you exercised today?


Wednesday July 4 2012:

1 Timothy 4:8.  “Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important for it promises a reward in both this life and the next.”

How many times have I promised myself to exercise diligently and consistently?  But after a short time, one thing or another hinders my promise to myself. 
When I stay on a regime of exercise, I feel better and many of my aches and pains practically disappear.  I also feel better about myself and seem to gain confidence in every situation.  I definitely know that regular physical exercise makes me feel better and look better.

If we know the benefits of physical exercise, how much more do we require spiritual exercise?  Many times I forget that this life is a training ground for the life everlasting that awaits us after this life is over. 

If we can remember that we are three-dimensional creations, we should also know that physical and emotional wellness is not enough for a successful existence.  Our spiritual dimension needs nurturing and it is that one, we often neglect. 
In Hebrews, the writer reminds us not to neglect that very important dimension of our lives, not only because it benefits our earthly bodies but the rewards will be there for us in the next life as well.

Prayer for today:  Dear Lord, Thank you for helping me to realize the full dimension of myself.  You have so wondrously made me to be a thinking, feeling and physical person. Help me to realize the importance of keeping spiritually fit and seeking your face and will in my life.  In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comment: