Have you touched Jesus today?


Tuesday July 24 2012:

Luke 8:45, “Who touched me”? Jesus asked.”

The woman who had been afflicted for many years, knew if she could just “touch” the hem of his garment, she would be healed.  The crowds were numerous and it was questionable as to whether or not she could even get near him. The crowd was not interested in allowing her access to Jesus, but she determined in her heart, not to give up.  As she shoved and pushed she finally managed to squeeze through the crowd to be close enough to touch the hem of his garment. How often have I longed for the same thing?  “If I could just touch him, everything would be okay!” I tell myself.

Have you ‘touched’ Jesus lately?
Have you felt his healing power?
How much time do you give to Jesus, daily, weekly, monthly?

I have learned, there are no better moments in my life than the moments I spend alone with Jesus.  He is a friend, a Saviour, a loving Father, a comforter, a peace giver, a joy filler and a loving companion.  He not only gives but he takes as well.  He takes my heartaches, my loneliness, my fears and my tears and replaces them with songs of victory and assurance of freedom from depression and anxiety. He provides healing for me each day from hurts, concerns and maladies that befall me.  Praise His name!

Our responsibility is to “squeeze” time into our busy agenda’s for Jesus. We need to acknowledge him in our conversation and  thoughts and meditate on his word and listen to his still small voice speaking to our hearts.  It is in these times that we can touch the Great Physician and receive healing in our lives.  Reach out and touch him today.
Prayer for today: Heavenly Father, I want to touch you.  Hear my prayer of praise right now as I come into your presence. When I am in your presence, I have assurance that all is well but often I get so busy and forget to include you in my daily life.  Even though I neglect you, I know you are still with me and I am so thankful for that.  Help me ,Lord, to touch you and acknowledge you more often.  In Jesus name, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment