Are you taking ownership of your burdens? You don't need to!


Tuesday July 10 2012:

Ephesians 6:10.  “.........Be strong with the Lord’s mighty power.”

She had tried so hard and yet, it appeared as if it was a losing battle.  The daughter she had put so much trust in was straying from all she had been taught.  She had tried to be an understanding Mom with listening ears, careful not to fall into the “shock” mode reaction at anything.  She had spent time with her, even taken her for dinners and shows and made a special effort to be a friend!  Now she felt betrayed, almost abandoned because she had done everything her own Mother had neglected to do and what for?

She opened her Bible to Ephesians 6 verse 10 and there was the answer.  As she read, God opened her eyes to the realization that it was not by her own power that anything could be accomplished but His Word instructed her to be strong with  “The Lord’s power”.  She had been carrying the burden to no avail, there was no need to carry it anymore because Jesus had already bore all the burdens when He carried the cross to Mount Calvary.  She knew she must give it to the Lord and allow Him to take care of it.  She immediately cried to God with a repentant heart and asked Him to take her burden.  Immediately, the load was lifted and she knew she could be at peace about her daughter.  No matter what would happen next, the Lord had already carried the burden so she did not have to.
We need to give our burdens to Jesus because He has already taken care of them and left them at Calvary.  He knows our needs and waits for us to accept his answer.  Everything is ultimately in His hands if we allow Him to take it.
Prayer for today: “Heavenly Father, Today I want to give you my burdens and rid myself of the weight of them.  You are my strength and you are a mighty power and you can handle anything I submit to you.  Please forgive me for thinking I can solve problems and change people on my own.  Help me to give you all my concerns and trust you to take care of them.  And Lord, help me not to feel guilty when I give them to you and not to take them back.  Thank you, Father, for taking my worries and giving me peace.  In Jesus name, Amen.”


1 comment: